This is the 2nd time I made this. I got it from a Dutch recipe book and it is, of course, easy to make.
We still have lots of homegrown tomatoes and I rake my brains on what to make with tomatoes. Saturdays are usually our “bread” day, so I thought.. Yes, I should make this!! 🙂
- 5 pieces white bread (cut into large cubes)
- 3 large tomatoes (cubed, deseeded, skin peeled)
- 1 large yellow onion (roughly chopped)
- ½ tsp tarragon
- 1 tsp honey
- some oil
- 100g bacon pieces
- 150g grated cheese
- Pre-heat oven at 180C.
- Fry onions and bacon for several mins, then add in tarragon and honey. Fry for another min.
- Mix fried ingredients together with the tomatoes and bread in a large bowl. After mixing, put them all into an oven-proof casserole dish. Top of with grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 20 mins.
Goes well with some salad mix. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: