With some advice from my mom, I cooked Fried TangHoon yesterday. Both Dunster and I love noodles of any kind and I tend to cook them at least once a week. Doesn’t matter if dried fried or soup-based; we love them all.
- 400g dried tanghoon, soaked in cold water for 1 hour
- abt 200g minced pork marinated with minced garlic, a little soysauce, ground pepper, oyster sauce and cornflour
- 1 big piece of homemade fried fish paste, cut into tspful pieces
- 8 vegetable fishballs, cut into 4 per fishball
- 1 rice-bowlful of grated carrots
- 3 dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked in hot water for 10 mins, roughly chopped OR 150g fresh mushroom, cut into big slices
- 3 tbsp each of light soysauce and oyster sauce
- some ground pepper
- some fresh coriander or parsley, chopped (optional)
- Heat up wok, stirfry marinated minced pork until mostly cooked and separated into fine korrels.
- Add in mushrooms, stirfry for a few mins.
- Then add in fishpaste and fishballs, stirfry a little few mins; add in grated carrots with soysauce, oyster sauce and pepper.
- Drain tanghoon, add into wok, mixing all the ingredients with tanghoon, stirfry for abt 8-10 mins until moisture is dried up.
Added some flaked smoked herring for the extra umphhh.. This is good enough for 4 persons as a main meal. Delicious!!! 🙂
Rate this post if you like: