Iwas feeling extremely lazy and it was almost time for dinner, so it was to be an easy cooking evening. I’d harvested 2 big stalks of spring onions from the garden and I wanted to make something with fish. So, we’re having “steamed” fish; in between commas coz I cheated and used the microwave. 😐
Here’s the very simple recipe:
- 3 tilapia fillets (or any other white fish type), cut into big chunky pieces #
- 2 stalks spring onions, cut into 1cm pieces ##
- 100g fresh mushrooms, roughly sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce (I used Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- some dashes of pepper
# also possible with any kinds of meat, sliced thinly
## can be replaced by leeks
- Marinate fish with garlic, ginger, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and pepper for about 15 mins in a microwave proof dish with cover in fridge.
- Add in mushrooms and spring onions. Mix it together with fish.
- Microwave (with cover – it’ll act like a steamer then) fish for 2 mins on 750wt. Mix it gently and return to microwave for a further 2 mins.
- Serve it immediately with warm steamed rice and some stir-fried greens.
Rate this post if you like: