I‘ve just started to venture into cooking Indian food.. I LOVE Indian food.. really, I do.. Actually, I love all kinds of spicy or spiced savouries.. 😀
Fish Sothi, which is also known as Meen Sothi is a mildly spiced fish dish. It tasted slightly bland with the first taste, but with the second and thereafter spoonfuls of fish and broth, it got better and better.. I like it; it’s easy to make as long as you’ve all the ingredients and it cooks really quickly.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 red chillies, cut lengthwise, seeds removed
- 1 sprig curry leaves, cleaned and dried
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tomato, quartered
- 750ml thin coconut milk
- 500g fish steaks, sliced into 1.5cm thick
- 250ml thick coconut milk
- Heat oil and fry fenugreek, mustard and cumin seeds til aromatic.
- Add onion, chillies and curry leaves and sautee til lightly browned, abt 2 mins.
- Stir in turmeric and cumin powders, pepper, salt, tomato and think coconut milk. Bring to boil and simmer for abt 5 mins.
- Add fish steaks and thick coconut milk. Return to the boil and simmer, stirring occasionally, til fish is cooked, abt 3 mins.
Remember, don’t overcook the fish. Overcooked seafood’s not nice..
Rate this post if you like: