Chinese Cabbage Stirfry is really easy to prepare and you achieve at least 1 vegetable portion you need for the day. It only requires 4 ingredients and it takes around 5 mins from start to end to prepare – so it’s quick too.. 🙂
- 300g chinese cabbage leaves, washed and sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1tbsp dried shrimps (optional – if using), soaked in water for 10 mins and chopped finely (I didn’t.)
- Heat oil in a wok on medium heat. Sautee garlic (and dried shrimps, if using) quickly, abt 30 seconds and don’t let garlic turn brown.
- Add in cabbage and salt, mix and fry for abt 2 mins. (I like my vegetables crunchy. If you wish your cabbage to be a little more limp/cooked, then fry for another 2 more mins.)
- Serve as a side to steamed rice and meat/fish.
It can also be cooked in a microwave. Put sliced cabbage, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 minced garlic clove and 1 tbsp water in a microwave safe container or pyrex with cover and microwave at 750W for 5 mins. Leave it covered for another 5 mins before serving.
Rate this post if you like: