Fresh salmon’s delicious and is a treat for us coz fresh salmon’s not exactly a cheap kind of fish. So when there’s a promotion for it, I’ll usually buy it. One of my favourite ways to cook fresh salmon is with oyster sauce and I tend to cheat a little by microwave-steaming. It’s easy, quick and can be ready in no time at all and without much supervision and washing up to do.
- 500g salmon without skin, cut into big chunks
- 50g raw peeled prawns, deveined
- 100g fresh white mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 2 stalks spring onion, cut into 5cm pieces (I usually add this but didn’t have it when I made this dish)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- a dash of pepper
- Marinate salmon and prawns in oyster sauce, light soy sauce and pepper for abt 15 mins.
- Put in a microwave-safe container or pyrex with a cover, together with mushrooms (and spring onions which would make this dish tastier). Mix all evenly.
- Put container or pyrex in the microwave at 750W for 3 mins. Take it out and with a spoon, carefully stir the salmon, prawns and mushrooms a few times. Cover and put the container or pyrex back into microwave for another 2 mins. When done, leave it covered to steam for another 5 mins.
- Serve with white rice or rice porridge.
Note: It could also be steamed in a wok or deep pot with some boiling water for abt 10 mins.
Rate this post if you like: