It’s been some time since we last had noodles. I had some of the Spicy Lemongrass paste leftover, so I thought, “OK, let’s have something simple – stirfried rice vermicelli.. with some mixed frozen seafood and my homegrown taugeh. It turned out pretty good.. 🙂
- 200g rice vermicelli (mihoon), soaked in cold water for at least 30mins
- 1.5-2 tbsp Spicy Lemongrass paste
- 400g mixed frozen seafood cocktail (i.e. mussels, prawns, cockles, surimi (crab) sticks, baby squids, etc.), defrosted
- 90g taugeh/bean sprouts, tailed
- 1500g mustard green or chinese cabbage, sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 100ml water
- 1 tsp salt
- a dash of pepper
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Drain soaked and softened rice vermicelli and clean/wash vegetables.
- Heat a deep wok with oil. Put in garlic, salt and spicy lemongrass paste, fry for abt 3 mins.
- Add in seafood , mix and fry for abt 5 mins.
- Add in vermicelli, light soy sauce and water. Mixing and stirfrying occasionally for abt 10 mins.
- Add and vegetables. Stirfry for another 3-5 mins, till vermicelli is cooked and almost dry.
Rate this post if you like: