Asparagus season’s here again.. Asparagus is usually harvested between April and May, so it’s a very short period where we’ll be able to get fresh beautiful delish asparagus. Doesn’t matter if they’re white (coz they grew in the ground) or green (coz they grew above the ground). Both types are equally good.. 🙂
- 450 g white asparagus
- 100 g bacon, roughly chopped
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- a handful of frozen green peas, defrosted
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and peeled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Using a potato peeler, peel outer strands from the asparagus, wash, break off the ends (and throw away) and cut the rest into 3 per asparagus.
- Put cut asparagus in a pot and fill up with water till they’re submerged. Boil the water and let asparagus cook in boiling water for 2 mins. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Heat a wok with oil on medium heat. Add in bacon, fry for abt 2 mins till bacon crisps and browns up.
- Add in onion, fry for a min.
- Add in asparagus and green peas, stirfry for abt 5 mins.
- Serve with a semi-hardboiled egg, sliced in half and garlic mayonnaise, optional.
Simple and easy to prepare, delish to eat.. If you wish, you can serve it with some roasted mini potatoes.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: