It’s known as Gekleurde Snijbieten in Dutch or Swiss Chard Bright Lights.. My 1st harvest of 2011 from my vegetable patch and my 1st try at planting it. They’re so beautiful; with bright red and yellow stalks with leafy green leaves..
I made a simple stirfry with them. It’s enough for 2 persons as an accompaniment dish. We had it for dinner.
- a bunch of swiss chard (as seen in photos above)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt, to taste
- Remove tail/roots, roughly tear chard into pieces, as big or small pieces as wished. Wash thoroughly and leave in colander to dripdry.
- Put a little bit of sunflower oil in a wok on medium heat. Add in minced garlic, fry for abt 1 min – don’t let it burn or become brown.
- Add in chard, stirfrying for abt 5 mins till wilted but not overcooked or soggy.
- Serve immediately with steamed white rice.
We had it with white rice and curry chicken. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: