There was a Book Fair in Leeuwarden recently. Since we love reading, we decided to visit it and we couldn’t resist it as usual. We bought lots of books and stationeries. One of them was a coffee recipe book called “Het Gouden Koffie Boek” or “The Golden Coffee Book”..
Dunster decided to try making the 1st recipe from it.. This is what we had.. It was good, and I mean, goooddddd…. 🙂
- 2 dl hot, very strong coffee
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powder sugar
- 2 dl milk
- 50 ml cream
- a dash of salt
- roasted almond slivers, if wished
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Mix cocoa powder and sugar in a bowl. Add in a little milk slowly, whisking at the same time and then the rest of the milk.
- Add in a dash of salt and let the mixture simmer for abt 10 mins in a pot that doesn’t burn easily.
- Remove from heat and whisk briskly till the mixture is thick and foamy.
- Add in coffee slowly while still whisking.
- Serve in large glasses with some whipped cream on top and sprinkle some almond slivers, if wished.
Rate this post if you like: