- 125 g soft butter
- 150 g crunchy peanut butter
- 225 g granulated sugar (I used 200 g sugarcane sugar)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 150 g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a dash of salt
- 75 g unsalted peanuts, peeled
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Mix butter and peanut butter well in a large bowl.
- Add sugar little by little and mix well.
- Add lightly beaten egg little by little till all is mixed well.
- Sieve flour, baking powder and salt over the peanut butter mixture.
- Add peanuts and knead all with fingers into a soft dough. Put dough in plastic foil and leave in fridge for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven at 190C.
- Form dough into 20 balls and put them on baking paper on trays, with a little distance between each dough ball, so that they have space to rise properly and don’t stick to each other. Press dough balls a little with your fingers or with a fork.
- Bake them till golden brown, abt 12-5 mins.
- Leave cookies on a rack to cool before serving or keep in a tight-lidded jar or container.
Tips from the Chef:
For a crunchy and sparkling result, you can sprinkle cookies with a little coarse brown sugar before baking.
For a different Variation:
Just for a different result, you can replace granulated sugar with brown sugar and add 1 tsp allspice to the flour.
Rate this post if you like: