We were expecting our cousin for dinner tonight but he had to cancel coz he had a call to work in Germany. He was very interested and looking forward to having some Malaysian spicy food, so I had planned to make Pork Sambal Nyonya-style to be served with Potatoes with Yogurt Indian-style with steamed homegrown courgette.. Despite his not coming, I made what I had planned anyways.. 🙂
- 2 tbsp oil
- 600 g lean pork, sliced thinly into 3 cm strips
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 125ml water
- 60 ml thick coconut milk
Spices to be blended or ground into a smooth paste:
- 2 pcs 4cm fresh turmeric, peeled and sliced
- 10 medium red chillies, deseeded and roughly chop
- 4 slices galangal, peeled and sliced
- 2 tbsp water
- Heat oil in a wok and gently cook Spice Paste for abt 5 mins till oil rises to surface and paste becomes fragrant.
- Add pork, sugar, salt, water and coconut milk. Bring to boil, then simmer gently till oil rises to surface once more.
- Serve immediately with plain rice.
It’s easy and quick to prepare; delish too. It wasn’t as spicy as I thought it would be. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: