Harvested some leeks, tomatoes, courgettes and carrots from my patch this morning and brought my chilli plants indoors coz it’s getting cold outside. I’m really happy that my chilli plants are flowering again and some baby chillies are showing their beautiful “faces”.
Have used my leeks to make a very simple and delish Leeks, Cheese & Bacon Tart. 😛
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 leeks, thinly sliced
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 150g pack soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 4 rashers streaky bacon, snipped
- 100g grated Emmental (I used grated old cheese)
- Heat oven to 200C.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, then gently fry leeks till soft, abt 5 mins. Cool.
- Unroll pastry onto a baking sheet. Spread soft cheese over pastry to within 3 cm of edges.
- Scatter over leeks, bacon and grated Emmental.
- Flip edges of pastry over filling.
- Bake for 20 mins till golden.
I made 2 of these tarts by combining 2 pcs of 10x10cm ready-made puff pastry but the above ingredients list is enough to make 3 tarts.. We had our tarts with some chopped red chillies and chives in light soy sauce. It was a delish meal and we enjoyed it a lot..
Rate this post if you like: