Autumn’s here. Despite the cool summer we had this year, I’m glad to say that all our vegetables were quite productive (besides the tomatoes and paprikas). I’ve just harvested almost the last batch of runner beans, the last batch of haricot verts and a big carrot. I made another favourite of ours – stirfried beans with eggs served with tomato ketchup on rice.. yummssss.. 🙂
- 300g runner beans, cut into small pieces
- 80-90g haricot verts, sliced into 3 per haricot
- 90g carrots, cut into small pieces
- 250 g bacon pieces, optional
- 1 onion, cut into 2, sliced roughly
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 tsp salt, to taste
|Prep time||20 mins|
|Cook time||±25 mins|
|Total time||±45 mins|
- Break eggs into a bowl, add 1 tbsp light soy sauce and 1/4 tsp pepper. Lightly mix all.
- Heat oil wok or pan on medium heat.
- Add bacon and fry till golden brown and crispy, abt 5 mins. (Can be left-out for a vegetarian fry.)
- Add beans, carrots, onion, garlic, rest of pepper and salt (to taste). Mix with bacon and fry a further 10 mins till vegetables are cooked thru.
- Make a “hole” or “space” in middle of vegetable or push vegetables to the side. Give eggs a light stir and pour in eggs. Let eggs cook for abt 2 mins without stirring, then lightly give eggs an occasional stir till eggs are half-cooked.
- Once eggs are half-cooked, push vegetable over eggs and stir to mix gently. Let eggs and vegetables set a little; stirring to let all cook thru, abt 3-5 mins.
- Serve immediately on steamed white rice and a very generous dollop or 2 of tomato ketchup.
Rate this post if you like: