Harvested more courgettes and a leek and needed to come up with ideas of cooking them. Decided to make them with pasta, my way, which is the Asian way, which is my preferred way.. So, here’s my Courgette & Minced Meat in Oyster Sauce Pasta .. 🙂
- 300g mini pasta or any kind of pasta (e.g. shell, penne, etc.)
- 200g minced meat (half-half or beef or pork or chicken)
- 300g courgettes, quartered lengthwise, sliced roughly
- 60g or 1 leek, only white part
- 3 tomatoes, roughly cubed
- 50g champignon, halved or quartered, depending on size
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp + 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp + 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Marinate minced meat with 1 tsp garlic, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 1 tsp light soy sauce and a few dashes of pepper for at least 5 mins.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and put aside.
- Heat a wok or deep pan on medium heat.
- Cook minced meat, stirring and breaking up meat till cooked thru, abt 4-5 mins.
- Add in courgettes, leeks, champignons and rest of garlic. Add in rest of oyster sauce, light soy sauce, salt and pepper. Stirfry, mixing well with minced meat and continue frying for at least 8 mins.
- Add in pasta, test taste. Add more seasoning, if necessary. Mix pasta and minced meat-vegetables well, stirfrying for another 5 mins.
- Serve immediately.
I make it quite often, especially when we want to have noodles or pasta and when I run of ideas of what to cook. This is just so easy to cook and it can be made with whatever vegetables that could be found in the fridge. Nice, nice..
Rate this post if you like: