Original Recipe’s Kabocha Chakin Shibori by Our Adventures in Japan
Makes abt 6 litle stars or little balls; good enough for 2 persons as a side or appetizer
- 100 g pumpkin (or kabocha in Japanese)
- 3/4 tbsp grated parmesan cheese (I used aged dutch cheese)
Kat’s Preparation Method:
- Wash and scrape seeds from pumpkin, leaving skin on.
- Steam for abt 20 mins, test for tenderness.
- Mash with potato masher and add cheese. Mix well.
- With a piece of plastic wrap, scoop abt 1/2 tbsp mixture and place in middle of wrap. Bring up sides and twist tightly into a ball.
- Unwrap and put on a plate. Continue with steps 5 & 6 till all mixture is used up.
My Preparation Method:
- Remove skin and seeds from pumpkin. Cube into small pcs and place in a microwave-safe dish with cover.
- Microwave pumpkin at 750W for 4 mins till soft.
- Mash pumpkin till fine and mix in cheese.
- Stuff pumpkin-cheese mix into a star-shape cookie cutter and remove cutter from mixture carefully.
- Continue making till pumpkin’s finished.
My 2nd pumpkin project..
Good as a snack or accompaniment to a main dish or meat and vegetables. It can be eaten warm or at room temperature or even cold. I’ve tried it all 3 ways – i like it cold. but overall, yummmssss.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: