My 4th and final pumpkin project’s Pumpkin & Egg Fried Rice. It’s been quite a challenge trying to come up with different ways to cook a pumpkin but I think I’ve been successful. This is an easy quick stirfry made with leftover rice and it’s really quite delish.. 🙂
- 400g leftover cooked cold rice
- 100g pumpkin, cubed into small pcs
- 3 eggs
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- Break eggs in a bowl and lightly beat them with a fork. Leave aside.
- Heat a tbsp vegetable oil in a wok and add cubed pumpkin, stirfry for abt 1-2 mins.
- Add in onion and garlic, stirfry for another 1-2 mins. Push mixture to the side of wok.
- Give eggs another stir and pour into wok and let it settle to cook for a little while, abt 2 mins. Stir eggs once or twice.
- Once eggs are half cooked, add leftover cooked rice. Break up rice and mix with eggs.
- Push back pumpkin mixture and mix with rice and eggs. Add light soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stirring occasionally, letting pumpkin egg and rice dry up, abt 5 mins.
- Serve immediately.
These are my 4 ways of cooking with 1 whole pumpkin:
Top Left: Kabocha Star; Top Right: Pumpkin Curry Puff;
Bottom Left: Pumpkin Egg Fried Rice; Bottom Right: Pumpkin Soup with Chilli & Creme Fraiche;
Rate this post if you like: