With the extra leftover English stuffing from our Christmas eve Turkey dinner, I made a very easy delish Baked Bacon & Turkey Stuffing Roll to celebrate the 1st day of year 2012..
Makes a 15cm x dia. 7cm Roll
- 350g English Stuffing (pls. see recipe in CL’s Dry-Brined Turkey with English Stuffing)
- abt 100 g smoked bacon rashers
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put a layer of aluminium foil on a baking tray and prepare a large piece of aluminium foil flat on the worktop.
- Then layer overlapping bacon rashers on foil and carefully place English stuffing in a roll on top of bacon rashers.
- Roll bacon rashers over stuffing with foil at least twice over bacon stuffing filling.
- Secure both ends of roll by twisting the ends together.
- Put on lined baking tray and bake in oven for abt 30 mins.
- Let it rest for 10 mins and serve warm with some roasted potatoes and steamed greens.
I was very happy with the outcome; it was so easy to prepare, making the English stuffing (or any kinds of stuffing) so versatile. I won’t hesitate to make extras just so I can make this again.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: