I love eggs, I love fresh mushrooms, I also love leeks. So a combi of all 3 in a dish’s a really perfect meal for me.. And of course, made the Chinese way’s the only way to go..
- 1 large leek, the white part and soft green part as well, halved lengthwise, sliced thinly
- 100g fresh champignons or white mushroom, sliced thickly
- ½ onion, sliced thinly
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- a few dashes of pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp liquid cooking butter
- some sunflower or vegetable oil
- Crack eggs in a bowl, add light soy sauce and a few dashes of pepper and beat lightly. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large pan on medium heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms and fry for abt 3 mins.
- Then add leeks. Stir to mix well and fry for abt 8-10 mins, stirring constantly till all are cooked. Spread vegetables slightly abt wok or pan.
- Give eggs another stir and slowly pour into the mix in wok or pan, in a roundabout way so that eggs cover vegetables.
- Let in simmer and set a little, abt 3-5 mins. Then flip mixture over to other side. Can be broken up slightly.
- Let it sit for a min and remove from heat. Let it sit in wok or pan for another min. Eggs taste much better if slightly undercook in wok or pan as eggs will continue to cook when removed from heat.
- Serve immediately; either on its own or on bread or with rice and hot tomato ketchup.. yummsss..
Rate this post if you like: