Tofu’s a very good substitute for meat and it’s really healthy. It’s rather bland if eaten by itself but it’s pretty tasty when it’s cooked with some added seasoning, either spicy or salty. Fresh firm tofu’s good for stirfrying.. 🙂
- 1 pc fresh firm tofu (abt 330g), cut into 1x1cm cubes
- 150g mixed vegetables (e.g. beans, carrots, peas, corn, courgettes)
- 50g preserved radish, roughly chopped into small pcs
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a wok on medium high fire.
- Add onions and fry till translucent, abt 3 mins.
- Add radish and garlic, frying constantly for abt a min and then add tofu, stir to mix gently without breaking up tofu. Fry for another 2 mins.
- Add mixed vegetables, oyster sauce, light soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Stir occasionally, till dry, abt 8-10 mins.
- Serve with steamed white rice..
It’s a very easy stirfry dish; quick and ready within minutes. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: