What would a person, I mean me, do without a microwave? I do prepare a meal quite often with a microwave – it’s quick, easy, clean and certainly better without having to use any kind of cooking oil. We all know that aubergines absorb glugs of oil, don’t we? So, here’s my Aubergine in Chiu Chow Sauce prepared using the microwave.. 😛
- 1 large aubergine or 2 medium Asian aubergines, cut into 1x2cm cubes
- 30g mixed capsicum or paprikas, deseeded, halved and thinly sliced
- a handful of white champignons, quartered
- 20g small dried shrimps, soaked in water for a couple of mins, drained, dried with paper towels
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp LKK Chiu Chow Chilli Oil sauce
- 1 tbsp sambal belacan paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- 100ml water
- 1 large microwave-safe bowl with lid (e.g. pyrex)
- Put re-hydrated dried prawns with sesame seed oil in bowl, mixed together. Cover bowl and microwave at 750Wt for 30 seconds.
- Add in all de sauces, water, onion and garlic – mix well, cover bowl and microwave for 2 mins.
- Add in aubergine, champignon and mixed capsicum – give it a stir to mix with sauces well. Cover and microwave for 8 mins; giving the aubergines a stir every 3.5 mins.
- When it’s totally cooked and ready, leave aubergines covered in bowl for another 2-3 mins
- Then give it a final good stir and serve hot with steamed rice..
Some people say that food prepared using the microwave’s not so safe or healthy. Well, I would say that we do it occasionally – not often.. Meals at our home are prepared using all means possible, like wokking (stirfying in a wok), baking, slow cooking, steaming or sometimes even eaten raw (salads or vegetables).. 😀
Rate this post if you like: