Sardines & Potatoes in Tomato Sauce‘s a dish that my mom cooks regularly and we love it with just steamed white rice.. Mine’s only an adaptation; mom’s wasn’t ever as spicy as mine.. 😛
- 1 can 400g sardines in tomato sauce, centre bone and “watnots” of sardines removed
- 200g finely cubed cooked potatoes
- 1 large onion, halved or quartered, sliced
- 1 large tomato, quartered and cubed
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder – optional
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add onion and potatoes and stirfry for abt 8-10 mins, till onion becomes transparent and potatoes are slightly browned.
- Add sardines with sauce, tomato, ketchup, chilli powder, curry powder, garlic powder, soysauce, salt to taste and water. Continuously stirfry till water evaporates, abt 3-5 mins.
- Serve immediately.
It’s easy, quick and it’s fish once a week.. Delish with rice or even with toasted bread.. 😛
Rate this post if you like: