Corned Beef Hash with Egg‘s a great meal which can be easily prepared or made with either roasted corned beef or tinned corned beef. Tinned corned beef can be found in all supermarkets and can be kept as a staple in our larders. It can be served with fried eggs or poached eggs but we had it baked eggs.. 🙂
- 200g tinned corned beef, cut into little cubes
- 2 large very fresh eggs
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (I used light soy sauce)
- 1 large onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 rounded tsp grain mustard
- 275 g cooked 1cm-cubed potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp groundnut or vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
- salt & pepper, to taste
|Prep time||±20 mins|
|Cook time||±20 mins|
|Total time||±40 mins|
- Put corned beef into a bowl. Combine mustard and worchestershire sauce; pour this over corned beef and mix evenly.
- Heat oil in frying pan on high heat. Add onions and stirfry continuously for abt 3 mins, till very well browned at edges.
- Push onions to the side, add potatoes and stirfry till golden brown, abt 6 mins. Add seasoning and a little more oil, if necessary.
- Then add corned beef and continue stirfrying for abt 3 mins, till heated thru.
- After that, you can choose to serve it with fried eggs or poached eggs. My corned beef was prepared earlier so it was scooped into a oven-safe casserole dish with 2 hollowed-out space for an egg each. Abt 20 mins before serving, preheat oven to 200C. Crack an egg each into the hollowed-out space and bake it for abt 15-18 mins.
- Serve corned beef with an egg with tomato ketchup (important!) and some lovely fresh salad.
Delish.. We’re happy.. 😛
Rate this post if you like: