Mackerel Shrimp CousCous Salad‘s made up of what I have in the freezer, fridge and garden. It’s something simple and light for a warm summer day or for a picnic as it’s easy to pack up and bring. It can be eaten warm or cold – really delish..
- 100g couscous
- 100ml hot water
- 1 tsp chicken or fish seasoning powder (I used chicken)
- 2 medium sized smoked mackerel fillets (only meat) – be careful of small sharp bones
- 100g cooked baby shrimps (I used dutch roze garnalen)
- 2 hardboiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- lettuce or salad leaves – enough for 2 persons
- cherry or snack tomatoes – enough for 2 persons
- salade dressing, any kind – optional
- 1 tsp sweet chilli sauce – optional
- Put couscous into a bowl. Add chicken or fish seasoning powder and mix well with couscous. Add hot water, cover and set aside for 10 mins.
- After 10 mins, using a fork, mix and loosen couscous up. Add mackerel and shrimps and stir into couscous. Set aside.
- In the meantime, wash and cut lettuce leaves into smaller pieces. Wash and halve cherry tomatoes. Put both into a bowl.
- Serve couscous and lettuce-tomato salade with quartered eggs, salad dressing and sweet chilli sauce on the side.
The lettuce leaves came from our own veggie patch.. 🙂
Dunster had his couscous with a side of egg-salade and salade dressing. I had my couscous all mixed up with egg-salade and thai sweet chilli sauce..
Rate this post if you like: