- 1kg shoulder of pork or gammon, cut into 5cm chunks
- 4 large potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- Water, enough to cover meat
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp Xiao Shing chinese cooking wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 8 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 8 small shallots, finely sliced
- 7.5cm ginger, minced or grated
|Prep time||30 mins|
|Cook time||100 mins|
|Total time||130 mins|
- Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks and soak in water to prevent browning by oxidation.
- Mix pork with marinade ingredients and marinate for at least 30 mins.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan with oil. Fry marinated pork for a few mins or until lightly cooked.
- Add enough water to cover pork. Bring it to a boil and cover. Cook for abt 15-25 mins.
- Add potatoes and cover and cook for another 10 mins or until potatoes are tender and pork’s fully cooked. Sauce would have thickened. Check taste of sauce and season with salt and sugar, if necessary.
- Best served with steamed rice.
Something simple and saucy.. Yumss.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: