I prefer savoury cookies, biscuits and cakes to sweet ones. These Goat’s Cheese & Bacon Biscuits‘re delish.. 🙂
Adapted from Roti & Rice
- 150g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (or cayenne pepper)
- 115g butter, softened
- 112g grated goat’s cheese (or cheddar cheese)
- 100g bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tbsp milk
|Makes||abt 28 pcs|
|Prep time||15+30 mins|
|Cook time||15 mins|
|Total time||30+30 mins|
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and chilli flakes in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Rub in butter with fingertips till consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Then add grated cheese and bacon. Mix in milk to form a soft dough.
- Wrap with clingfilm and leave in the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Pinch some dough, roll into a ball, put on baking tray and press to flatten into abt 1cm thick rounded pcs. Repeat till all dough’s used.
- Put baking tray into oven and bake for abt 15 mins or till golden brown. Leave to cool fully before storing in a container.
Had some with coffee and some with some creamy soup. Really good, yummss.. 😛
Rate this post if you like: