Crunchy Almond Cookies are exactly what they are. They’re flaky, crunchy and nutty as well as “eggless” too.. They taste even better after 1 or 2 days, if they can be kept that long.. 🙂
Recipe from Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover
- 160g butter
- 100g castor sugar
- 120g almond meal
- 170g corn flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt (Don’t omit salt as saltiness is the after-taste that should be appear eating a cookie)
- almond nibbles – optional but can be added for a more nutty aroma
|Prep time||±20 mins|
|Cook time||25 mins|
|Total time||±45 mins|
- Preheated oven at 170C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift corn flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix butter and sugar till light and creamy.
- Add in almond meal and stir mix well.
- Add in salt and sifted corn flour and baking powder, combine to form a soft dough.
- Flatten dough to abt 1 cm thick and use a cutter (any kind) to cut to desired shape.
- Bake in at lower rack for 20-25mins.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely before keeping in an airtight container.
We like these cookies, a lot. It’s easy to make and they’re really good, so I don’t mind making them again and again. A to-keep recipe.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: