Sweet BBQ Wings‘s a Lorraine Pascal recipe. She has some good straightforward easy recipes and I quite enjoy trying them out. I love chicken wings; be they barbequed, oven-baked, braised, deepfried or stewed and these are quite asian-like. 🙂
Recipe from Lorraine’s Fast, Fresh and Easy Food
- ±1kg mixed chicken wings & drumsticks
For barbecue sauce marinate:
- 6 squidges of tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 2 squidges of honey
- 1 garlic clove
- few sprigs fresh thyme
- sunflower oil
|Prep time||±5 mins|
|Cook time||30 mins|
|Total time||±35 mins|
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Scatter chicken pieces in a large roasting tin.
- Put tomato ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, 5-spice powder and honey in a small bowl.
- Add garlic and thyme leaves along with salt, pepper and a drizzle of oil (I didn’t add oil).
- Give everything a good stir and pour it over chicken pieces. Toss everything about to evenly coat, settle chicken into a single layer and put in oven to cook for 30 mins.
- After chicken has had 30 minus, check to see that it’s cooked, it should be piping hot in the middle with no pinkness. The barbacue sauce should be a sticky coating on chicken.
- Serve with Lorraine’s sweetcorn rice and red cabbage slaw.
It smelled so heavenly while they were baking n they tastes exactly as delish as they smelled.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: