Meat Floss Cookies – something different, I guess and very Chinese by using meat floss. Tastes pretty good.. 🙂
Adapted from Happy Flour
- 100g butter, at room temperature
- 75g icing or fine granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp milk, or more for later
- 200g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 30g ground almond
- 80g meat floss
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten, to glaze
- sesame seeds, to sprinkle
|Prep time||±30 mins|
|Cook time||±25 mins|
|Total time||±50 mins|
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Sift flour and baking soda together. Put aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy in a large bowl.
- Slowly add in egg yolk, milk and vanilla essence and mix till well combined.
- Stir in flour, ground almond and chicken floss and mix to form a soft dough.
- If dough is too dry, add in another 1 tbsp milk or add in some flour, if dough is too wet.
- Pinch some dough and shape into round ball, abt marble-sized. Arrange them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and flatten dough slightly with a fork. Or flatten dough, cut using cookie cutter into different shapes and put on baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Then brush with egg white and sprink some sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 mins till golden.
- Cool on wire rack and keep in an airtight containers.
This is great if you have some meat floss to spare. Great to snack on or surprise friends with coffee or tea.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: