Broccoli & Prawns Stirfry – something quick and simple to prepare. It makes up 2 of 5-a-day.. 🙂
Serves 4 as a side
PrepTime: 10 mins
CookTime: 15 mins
- 1 medium broccoli
- 100g medium or small prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil as flavouring
- 50ml water
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut broccoli head into proportionate-sized florets. Then peel or slice the outer layer of broccoli stalk, removing all woody and hard skin to reveal smooth stalk. Cut stalk into 2, then quarter and roughly slice into pcs (Please see picture below). Run broccoli under water and leave to drain.
- Pat prawns dry with some kitchen paper after peeling, deveining and running them thru with some water.
- Heat a wok or deep pan on medium heat with vegetable or sunflower oil.
- Add garlic and prawns and stirfry for a couple of mins.
- Then add broccoli stalks and stir to mix for another couple of mins.
- Add broccoli florets and pour in water, stir and mix occasionally till water has mostly evaporated. Broccoli has to still maintain some crunch but not raw-hard or totally soft.
- Then add sesame oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Stir to mix evenly and serve immediately with some steamed rice and a meat dish.
- Stalks of broccoli are seriously delish, once tried and it’ll never be the same again. 🙂
- This way or method of cooking can apply to almost all kinds of vegetable and I do about the same most everyday for our meals.
Rate this post if you like: