Our courgette plants are doing very well this year due to a very good hot sunny summer we’ve been having so far. I’ve got quite a number of green, yellow and round courgette plants and they’ve been flowering and courgettes have been producing for the last several months.
Other than stirfrying courgettes or putting courgettes into soups, we’ve been having lots of grilled courgettes as well. 🙂
- Assorted courgettes, e.g. green, yellow and/or round
- rapeseed, sunflower or olive oil
- salt, to taste (optional – i didn’t add this)
- Wash and dry courgettes well.
- Preheat oven to 200C or fan 180C. Prepare baking tray(s) lined with baking paper.
- Slice courgettes thickly (abt 3cm)
- Put into a large bowl, drizzle generously with oil and a bit of salt (if using). Mix and coat courgette slices very well.
- Arrange courgette slices in a single layer on lined baking tray. Grill in oven for 15 mins, turn over once and grill for another 15 mins. Just keep a lookout that courgette slices don’t get burned.
- Serve immediately as a side dish; leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for another day.
Rate this post if you like: