My mama brought a tin of Braised Abalone in Brown Sauce when she and my pap visited us in the spring and she forgot totally about it. So when we visited my sister recently, we brought it along with us. I made soup with it as our pre-New Year’s lunch using my mama basic soupbase recipe.. 🙂
- 420g Braised Abalones in Brown Sauce tin
- 4 pcs chicken thighs with bones on, skin removed and fat trimmed
- 1.5 litre water
- 10 pcs goji berries (kei-chi)
- 10 pcs whole black peppercorns
- Make soupbase by cooking chicken thighs in water. Once water’s boiling, cook at low heat for at least 30 mins. Skim off scum and fats.
- Put in abalones with its sauce, goji berries and whole peppercorns. Continue to cook at a low simmer for at least 10 mins.
- Remove chicken from soup and shred meat.
- Remove abalones from soup and slice thinly.
- Taste test soupbase for saltiness. If too salty add more water, if bland, add some salt, to taste.
- Return shredded chicken to heat up.
- Serve immediately, garnishing with sliced abalones.
Rate this post if you like: