Bba Ganoush delicious smokey aubergine dip. Try it with a Middle-Eastern flatbread such as maneesh. Or as a spread on a tortilla wrap with fresh raw vegetables. Or served with raw vegetable sticks as a dip.
- 3 aubergines
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed with a teaspoon of salt
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley – optional
- sprinkle of paprika powder – optional
|Prep time||30 mins|
|Cook time||10-30 mins|
|Total time||40-80 mins|
- Prick aubergines with a fork.
- Grill aubergines till skin’s charred and blacked and the flesh feels soft when pressed (this will take approximately 15-20 mins, turning halfway through cooking).
- In a pestle and mortar, crush the garlic with the lemon juice, tahini, olive oil and pepper.
- When cool enough to handle, cut aubergines in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Mix soft flesh with the remaining ingredients.
- Place in a serving dish and finish with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle parsley over the top.
Besides having it as a dip with some julienned raw carrot, cucumber and chinese cabbage stalks, we also had it as a spread on tortilla wraps with some raw carrot, cucumber and chinese cabbage. It was also good with rice.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: