Onion & Egg Omelette‘s a favourite to-go-&-cook dish when I don’t have much time to prepare a meal or am in a rush or am just lazy. 2 main ingredients and seasoning with a frying pan’s all I need.. 🙂
- 2 large onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a pan or wok on medium fire.
- Add in onion’s and fry till soft and translucent, abt 5 mins. Spread onions around bottom of pan or wok.
- Lower heat. Lightly beat eggs and slowly add in around and covering onions, leaving to cook for 1-2 mins.
- Slowly turn the pan or wok to swirl egg mixture a bit. Then make slits with sharp-end of spatula towards centre of mixture, letting egg mixture go into the opened spaces. Leave for 1 min.
- Using a flat spatula, turn omelette over and leave to cook and brown slightly for 2-3 mins.
- Remove from heat once eggs are cooked and serve immediately. Good with some ketchup on rice or on bread. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: