Vietnamese Grilled Pork Ribs were tender and full of flavor; they’re so delicious and easy to make. Dunster and I really like this.
Recipe adapted from Yen aka Baby Sumo and from Vietnamese Bible
Preparation time: 10 mins; Cooking time: 35-40 mins; Serves 3-4
- 10 pork rib bones, ± 1½ kg (I used tender ribs)
- 2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 hot red chilli, deseeded
- 4-5 sprigs coriander
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1½ tbsp cooking oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Place ginger, garlic, chilli and coriander in a food processor or spice grinder and grind to a paste.
- Mix with soy sauce, fish sauce, soft brown sugar, oil and salt.
- Spread over pork ribs, cover and leave to marinate in fridge overnight, or at least 2 hrs, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line baking tray with foil, then arrange ribs in a single layer.
- Place in preheated oven and cook for 30 mins, then increase temperature to 200C and cook for a further 5-10 mins, till cooked thru and crisp on surface and charred in places.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice and stir-fried vegetables or fresh salad.
Note: can also cook ribs over a charcoal barbecue or hotplate or grill.
Rate this post if you like: