We’re into our 4th year of active organic vegetable growing; our patch and greenhouse are full and we’re trying out a few new root vegetables this year. As usual, we’ve got courgette plants; altho it’s been providing us with a reasonable harvest, we noticed that it wasn’t as abundant as last year. Nevertheless, August’s a very good time to harvest courgettes.
Courgette & Prawns Sambal Tumis’s a fusion dish; a good mix between East meets West stirfry.
- 400g (mixed) courgettes, ends removed, cut into 1x4cm slices
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps, washed and chopped roughly
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 100g sambal tumis paste (recipe from sambal tumis)
- 75g fresh or frozen peeled deveined prawns
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- salt, to taste
- In a wok on low heat, add oil.
- Add in dried shrimps and garlic and fry till fragrant, abt 3 mins.
- Then add in sambal tumis and stir to mix, frying for another min.
- Add in courgettes and prawns; stir-fry till courgettes are cooked but still maintain some texture and prawns are no longer translucent, abt 7-10 mins.
- Season with salt, to taste, stir to mix and serve immediately.
Something different, something spicy and fresh and organic – we love it..
Rate this post if you like: