We aren’t fans of marshmallows but there was a packet in the pantry which was part of Dunster’s 2014 Christmas box. I remembered seeing a snack recipe which used marshmallows and decided to put the treats together with what I could find in the depths of my pantry. 🙂
Adapted from Lauren’s Latest
prep time: 10 mins; cook time: 5 mins; total time: 15 mins
- 2½ tbsp butter
- 3 cups mini or normal plain marshmallow
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups crushed original potato chips, crushed (1bag of 207g bag)
- 1 cup rice pops
- Melt butter in large pot over medium low heat.
- Stir in marshmallows, letting them melt completely.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Then add in crushed chips (and rice pops, if using).
- Coat completely in marshmallows as quickly as possible and pour (or scrape) the gooey mixture into greased 10x8cm heat-prove plastic wrap-lined tray or dish.
- Press to flatten using the back of a serving spoon and then with greased or slightly wet fingers.
- Cool to room temperature. Cut into squares and serve.
- I didn’t have enough potato chips, so it was topped up with some rice pops.
- I used normal-sized plain marshmallows and I forgot to add in vanilla extract. The treats were still good.
Well, believe it or not, they were amazing! Salty sweet chewy heaven. So tasty!! They come together just as quickly as regular rice krispie treats, but with a more buttery salty bite. It was a great surprise that we liked these very much.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: