I had thought hard about what I should do with my home-grown large courgette. It’s been sometime since I had homemade soup. So, courgette soup it was.
It’s really simple. I usually buy a kilogram of streaky pork chops when there is a promotion. I will cut away the bones and keep them for occasions when I want to make soup or porridge.
- 1 humongous (XL) courgette – cut lengthwise, cubed
- 1 medium carrot – cubed
- 1 large yellow onion – cubed
- 4 small tomatoes – cubed
- 2 medium-sized potatoes – roughly chopped
- 300g pork bones (or chicken or beef)
- Boil pork bones in 1.5 liters water for 30 mins. Scoop up scum(fat, etc) that appears during boiling process.
- Then add in carrots, onions and tomatoes. Boil for another 30 mins. Put in courgette and potatoes. Boil for another 10 mins.
- If you have enough pork bones, you really do not need to add in salt at all. All the bones and vegetables will give your soup enough flavour. But if salt is needed, then add in according to taste.
Simple and delicious eaten with some white rice. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: