I had this for the 1st time at Ivy’s – she’s a colleague and friend of Mei Leng, my sister. It was really light and delicious. Since then, I wanted to try to make my own but haven’t.
There are lots of recipes on how to make this but I have the recipe below from The Traditional British Cooking Cookbook I bought in England.
I’m saving it here for future reference and where I can access the recipe easily wherever I am at that moment.
- 50g all purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150ml water + milk mixture
- salt and pepper
- dripping or oil
- Stir flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and form a well in the centre.
- Pour beaten egg in the well, slowly pour in milk, stirring in flour for a smooth batter.
- Leave to stand for 30mins.
- Spoon oil to a 12 muffin/patty tin and place in the oven till hot.
- Quickly divide batter into the tin and bake for 15-20mins till risen and brown.
It seems easy/simple, isn’t it?? I just wonder!! *hmmm*
Rate this post if you like: