Made dutch sausage rolls in 2 ways: normal-sized type and mini-sized type. They looked very different, don’t they? 🙂 Of course they do, coz I made them on different days and the photos were taken with different mobile phones too. The ones at the top are normal-sized sausage rolls and the one at the bottom’s a mini-sized sausage roll. Actually, I prefer the mini ones; they’re cuter and the size is better suited as a small snack. 🙂
- 4 ready-made pork sausages (abt 400g)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 10 ready-made puff pastry sheets
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 egg for wash (I prefer fresh milk)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Remove skin from sausages. Put in a bowl. Add in onion. Mix them well.
- Lay out puff pastry sheets. Divide sausage mix into 8, roll them and put 1 roll on each pastry sheet if you’re making normal-sized sausage rolls. OR
Lay out puff pastry sheets. Cut each pastry sheet into equal 2. Divide sausage mix into 16 golf-sized balls and put 1 ball on each pastry sheet if you’re making mini-sized sausage rolls.
- Carefully pull over and cover the sausage mix, making sure the open end is closed. Using end of a fork, press around the edges of the pastry. Or just fold over in the middle, overlapping just a little and press both open ends close between thumb and forefinger of both hands. OR see the picture below:
- Lay the readied pastries, folded side down, on a baking sheet-covered tray. Prick the top of the pastries a few times with a fork.
- Brush egg on top of pastry and put in oven to cook for 30 mins.
Rate this post if you like: