I like to cook a variation of this on occasions when I couldn’t think of what to have for lunch or dinner. Basic ingredients would be onions, garlic and eggs. I like to add spam or as we call it, luncheon meat sometimes. I love luncheon meat a whole lot. It’s simple and quick to prepare and cook and just delicious with rice and hot ketchup.. 😀
- 3 eggs mixed with a tsp of soy sauce and a pinch of pepper
- 1 big yellow onion, roughly cubed
- 4 slices lunchmeat or spam, cubed into 1x1cm
- 1 tsp garlic, finely minced
- some corn or vegetable oil
- salt or soy sauce and pepper to taste
Optional Additional Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup green peas, frozen or otherwise
- 3 hotdogs, cut 1cm thickness
- Break eggs into a bowl. Add soy sauce and pepper, mix well.
- Heat wok. Add oil and heat it up. Put in luncheon meat, stirfry for 3 mins. Add onions and garlic, stirfry for another 5 mins. Add in hotdogs (if using), stirfry for 2 mins. Add in peas, stirfry for 1 min. Add in a pinch of salt and some pepper – altho not too much of salt as luncheon meat’s already salty on its own.
- Lastly, pour egg mixture around and evenly into the wok, making sure the eggs cover the stirfried mixture in the wok. Let it set for abt 3-4 mins, carefully turn the slightly set egg mixture over. Let it cook for another few mins. It doesn’t matter if the mixture breaks up. Don’t let the eggs overcook, tho.. So, a few mins per side is good enough.
- Serve directly with warm steamed rice and some hot ketchup or sweet chilli sauce.
Rate this post if you like: