Are you wondering about the name of this post? Well, you don’t need to wonder anymore. Have a look. 🙂
This is Tuna Roti “Pizza”.
and the one below is Tuna Pita “Pizza”.
I was actually going to make Pasta with Tuna in Tomato Sauce but changed my mind at the last minute. Wanted to make a pizza but was too lazy to make a dough. I had a packet of 5 frozen roti paratha and I had the idea that I could maybe replace the pizza dough with roti dough. I also had 1 leftover mini pita bread in th freezer which I thought I could probably use as well.
This frozen roti paratha taste the most like the roti canai we get in M’sia.
- 5 pcs frozen roti paratha
- 2 pcs frozen mini pita bread, sliced in half
- 1 (150g) can tuna (i.e. in water or tomato sauce)
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 capsicum, deseeded, quartered, sliced
- ½ courgette, horizontally halved, sliced
- 1 small carrot, horizontally halved, sliced – optional
- 1 400g can cubed tomato with sauce/liquid
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 50g grated cheese (i.e. cheddar or parmesan)
- some shredded basil leaves, leave some for garnishing
- salt & pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
Preparation: Tuna Topping/Sauce
- Heat some oil in a wok. Add in onions, garlic, capsicum, courgette and carrot. Stirfry them for about 10 mins till cooked and slightly soft.
- Add in tomato with its liquid and tomato paste. Let it simmer for about 5 mins. Then add tuna – break the tuna up a bit.
- Add in basil leaves and some salt and pepper to taste. Let it simmer for another minute or 2. Leave it to cool down.
Preparation: Roti “Pizza”
- Preheat oven to 200C. Lay a sheet of baking paper on a flat baking tray. If making 5 pieces, then u need to prepare 2 baking trays.
- Unpack de frozen rotis. It’s not necessary to defrost. Lay 3 rotis on a baking tray.
- Spread the tuna tomato in the centre of each of the roti, leaving about 1 or 2 cm from th edge free. Sprinkle some grated cheese on top of the tuna tomato topping.
- Brush a little bit of oil on the edges of the roti.
- Put the tray of roti “pizza” in the preheated oven and let it bake for about 20 mins. The roti should have risen and golden and the cheese should be melted by then.
- Serve the roti “pizza” with a few basil leaves and salad.
I toasted the frozen pita breads and then cut them into half. Then follow preparation instruction from (3) onwards.
We both preferred the Roti “Pizza” – altho both were delicious.. 😀
Rate this post if you like: