I found many different versions of making Savoury Glutinous Rice and it’s usually steam-cooked after quick stirfrying the main ingredients.
After researching many online recipes and cookbooks, I made my Savoury Glutinous Rice, partly by quick stirfrying the main ingredients and then transferring them to the rice cooker for the final cooking. 🙂 Also, it’s made with using a portion of jasmine or pandan white rice to make it slightly healthier.. 😀
The recipe serving is for 4 persons.
- 200g glutinous rice, rinsed
- 50g jasmine or pandan rice, rinsed
- 4 chinese sausages, diced
- 5 dried shiitake mushrooms, rehydrated in warm water, remove and throw away stem, diced
- a small handful dried prawns, soaked in warm water, roughly chopped
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet dark soy sauce (or caramel soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- vegetable oil
- some water
- a few slices of cucumber and tomatoes, optional
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a wok and stirfry shallots, garlic and dried prawns, abt 2-3 mins.
- Add chinese sausages, fry for another 2 mins. Then add mushrooms, fry for another 2 mins.
- Add both types of rice or you can use only glutinous rice (most recipes asked that the rice be soaked overnight but actually you don’t need to) and add oyster sauce, light soy sauce and sweet dark soy sauce.
- Quickly stirfry rice till well coated with sauces and the rest of the ingredients, abt 1 min.
- Transfer rice to a rice cooker, add water till it just covers the rice. Start cooker to cook, when it’s ready, quickly stir de rice once. Cover and let the rice sit warm till ready to eat.
- Serve with some cucumber and tomato slices, if you wish or any other kinds of vegetables when everyone’s ready to eat. 🙂
Rate this post if you like:
yum yum yum! looks good Chai Leng and what a big revamp to your blog template! well done!!!
Thank u, Lianne.. 🙂 It was chosen by Dunster..