Minced Meat Curry is an Indian cuisine. It’s made with lots of spices like turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, coriander and dried red chili flakes. Hmm.. It seems that I’m cooking a lot of spicy food these few months..
- 500 g minced beef or lamb or pork (I used half minced beef and half minced pork)
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp dried red chili flakes
- 1 can (400g) crushed tomatoes or passata
- 300ml beef or lamb or pork stock
- 150g baby spinach leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- abt 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sautee onions till transparent, abt 3-4 mins.
- Add minced garlic and ginger. Then add cinnamon, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and chilli flakes, stirring into the onions to mix completely, cook for abt 3 mins.
- Add minced meat, continue stirring and mixing meat with onions and spices.
- After abt 5 mins or when meat turns slightly brown, add potatoes, tomatoes/passata and stock.
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for abt 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add in spinach and heat thru for 1 min, just till spinach wilts.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Serve immediately with white rice.
This is what I found out after doing a search on the benefits of consuming spiced food:
- spicy food helps to prevent degeneration of the brain and nervous system
- helps with prevention of depression and migraine
- helps increase metabolism which is an important factor in weight loss function
- uses for pain and inflammation management
- good for blood circulation
- lowers blood pressure
- cancer prevention (Capsaicin, an active component of chili peppers, attack and kill cancer cells)
- improves digestion
- improves sleep pattern
So, I guess in a way, it’s really good that both Dunster and I love spicy food.. 😛
Rate this post if you like:
I love spinach and curry. This recipe is perfect.Thanks for sharing!
Yueky, u’re welcome. the combi of spinach n curry’s really lovely. If u want, u can up the spiciness by adding another 1-2tsp chilli flakes. Try it.. 🙂