Another BBQ recipe for my friends. I make this quite often and usually bake in the oven. I think the wings will taste even better BBQ-ed but we’re not so fond of BBQ-ing and we don’t have a BBQ at home..
- 1 kg chicken wings or drummettes or thighs
- 2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes, optional
- 1/2-1 tsp salt, to taste
- a dash of pepper
- Mix marinade ingredients in a large glass bowl till well combined.
- Add in chicken to marinade mixture and leave in fridge for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- Take out chicken from fridge to come to room temperature.
- Prepare BBQ pit and once ready, bbq chicken wings and drummettes for at least 10 mins till cooked, turning once or chicken thighs for a little longer, turning occasionally till cooked thoroughly.
- Preheat oven at 220C. Arrange chicken wings and drummets or thighs on a baking tray in 1 layer. Sprinkle some of the marinade over chicken.
- Grill chicken wings and drummets in oven for at least 25 mins or thighs for at least 45 mins till cooked.
Rate this post if you like: