Soups, especially clear soups or broth, are a favourite of mine. Most times they’re made with boiling meat bones or ribs and then adding in vegetables and meat or fish to cook together for a few minutes longer before serving. Sometimes, the leftover soup is used to make congee or rice porridge (chinese-style).
This is a quick meal, using ready-made soup base by Lee Kum Kee.
- 1 packet Lee Kum Kee soup base (I used LKK Fish & Coriander)
- 2 pcs white fish fillet (I used frozen tilapia fillets)
- 1.5 l hot boiling water
- 250 g mixed vegetables (I used mixed Italian frozen vegetables)
- Boil water in water cooker.
- Put in a deep pot, the mixed vegetables, soupbase and some hot water. Carefully mix all.
- Add in fish fillet and top up with the rest of hotwater. Bring all to a boil on medium high heat and let it simmer with lid on for abt. 8-10 mins till fish is cooked but not overcooked.
- Serve immediately with white rice or you can even add some soup pasta in at (2).
It’s simple, healthy and filling warm food.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like: