Spicy Fish Puttu – thought it would be an easy to make something with so few ingredients but ended up taking more than an hour coz I had to make sure that there are no stray loose bones in the fish flakes..
Recipe from Fish and Chicken Dishes by Tasty Cooking
- 1 kg fish (e.g. ikan yu or mackerel)
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt or to taste
- 5 dried chillies, cut into small pieces
- 10 curry leaves
- 60 ml water
- Clean and cut fish into cubes. Season with turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Boil fish in water for 15 mins. Drain and remove flesh from bones. Make sure that there are no stray bones in the fish flakes.
- Mash flesh till fine.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add in cut dried chillies and mashed fish, stirring for 5-7 mins till it dries up.
- Put in curry leaves and serve immediately.
We had the Spicy Fish Puttu with Readymade Punjabi Choley, which was given and recommended as delish by Khim, a girlfriend of mine in Malaysia and white rice.. 😛
Rate this post if you like:
Thanks for sharing this recipe, I made it .It was good. I love fish and curry flavour. This is light and flavourful.
🙂 Glad you like it, Yueky.. 🙂