Moelleux au Chocolate is french for chocolate cake. This recipe is from a friend of mine, Lucinda of I-Lost in Austen who’s a fantastic baker, gardener and mom.. She assured me that I’d love how easy and delish it’s going to be.. It was everything as she said.. 😀
- 125 g dark chocolate plus 60 g extra
- 125 g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
- 50 g sugar (I used 30 g sugarcane sugar)
- 50 g flour
- Preheat oven to 200C. Grease muffin tin or line muffin tin with cupcake papers.
- Melt butter and 125 g chocolate au-bain-marie.
- Whisk eggs (plus yolks) with sugar. Add in flour and melted chocolate. Stir well.
- Pour batter into muffin tin till half full. Insert a little piece of chocolate into centre of batter and add batter on top till almost full.
- Bake for 12 mins. Serve warm with a big scoop of ice cream. (I had mine with a dollop of coconut ice cream.)
It was seriously yummy. Lucinda informed me that I could insert a teaspoonful of raspberry melt instead of a piece of chocolate, so I’m going to try that the next time I make cupcakes.. This is a recipe to keep and treasure..
Rate this post if you like:
2 arguments are required, 1 given