My sister wanted to bake me a cake, even tho she knew that I’m not a fan of any kind of sweet bakes (e.g. cakes, cookies, candies, etc). She said it’s my birthday and she wanted to do it to make my day a little more festive. So, she baked a Sponge Cake using a recipe from BBC Recipe with my homemade strawberry jam and whipped cream. 🙂
- 125g/4oz butter or margarine, softened
- 125g/4oz caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g/4oz self raising flour
- 1. Heat oven to 180C.
- Line two 18cm cake tins with baking parchment.
- Cream butter and sugar together until pale. Use an electric hand mixer if you have one.
- Beat in eggs.
- Sift over flour and fold in using a large metal spoon.
- Mixture should be of a dropping consistency; if it is not, add a little milk.
- Divide mixture between cake tins and gently spread out with a spatula. Bake for 20-25 mins until an inserted skewer comes out
clean. Allow to stand for 5 mins before turning on to a wire rack to cool.
- Sandwich cakes together with jam, lemon curd or whipped cream and berries or just enjoy on its own.
Even tho it was delicious; I could only eat half of a small piece. It was just too sweet for me. But thank you, dear sister. I love you..
Rate this post if you like: