- 600g pork belly, cut into 1.5cm slices (I used a mix of pork belly & pork shouder)
- 3-4 semi hardboiled eggs, shelled
- 6 fried tau-pok (tofu puffs), halved or leave whole – optional
- 250ml water
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- ¼ tsp Chinese 5-spice powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar (I used 3/4 tbsp)
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- Marinate pork with seasoning for 1-2 hrs in a pot. Then simmer pork over low heat till sauce’s thick and glazed with oil, abt 10 mins.
- Add water and continue to simmer till pork’s just tender, abt 15 mins. Add more water if gravy has dried up.
- Add hardboiled eggs (and tau-pok), let it simmer for a further 2-3 mins and serve immediately.
We had some with steamed rice, steamed vegetables and some chopped red chillies. Leftovers can be frozen and to be warmed up on another day. I had some leftover for lunch on the next day – I would say that it’s even yummier if eaten a day later.. 🙂
Rate this post if you like:
2 arguments are required, 1 given